February 14, 1951 - Dr. Martin P. Posadas, MD, son of Don Bernardo and Dona Maria Posadas, of San Carlos City, married Dr. Rosalina Quebral, daughter of Don Segundo and Dona Maria Quebral of Manila. He graduated from the UST College of Medicine in 1949 and she - from the College of Dentistry in Centro Escolar University.
1951 - The Posadas Clinic was established at Bonifacio Street in San Carlos City and later, renamed Posadas Medico-Dental Clinic. It had a 10-bed capacity, five of which were for charity. It had provisions for surgical and X-ray services, considered to be the first in a rural area and the first air-conditioned operating room in those days. The then Philippine Free Press featured this clinic in an article "Action in Pangasinan" in October, 1955, as one of the few clinics in the country in answer to the late President Magsaysay's challenge to physician-achievers to give medical care to the poor.
1957 - The clinic became a 4 - storey hospital and was renamed Virgen Milagrosa Hospital.
1958 - The School of Midwifery was granted a permit to operate (the first such school north of Manila) and it brought students from all over the country.
1959 - The first twenty-one (21) Midwifery graduates took the Board Examination and scored a 100 percent passing, six (6) of whom garnered the top six places.
1961 - Opening of the school of Nursing (3-year course). More students came from all over the country.
1964 - The first graduates of the School of Nursing obtained a 100 percent passing in the board exams given that same year.
1969 - Construction of the Virgen Milagrosa Complex in the 12-hectare site in Taloy District, San Carlos City, to house the Institute of Nursing and Midwifery, the dormitory and the first radio station in San Carlos City. The building was blessed and inaugurated in 1972. The 7-storey Virgen Milagrosa Medical Center was also started, including the 3-storey Medicine building.
1973 - The Virgen Milagrosa Medical Center (VMMC) was completed and was blessed and inaugurated in 1974. It has a 150-bed capacity with ICU, CCU, and complete laboratory facilities.
1975 - Inauguration and blessing of the VM Institute of Medicine building in May 1975. The Medical School operated in consortium with a medical school in Dagupan City due to some political pressure. The first year classes in Medicine started. New courses were granted permits to operate: Health Aide and Secretarial Science.
1976 - The VM Institute of Medicine continued on its own as a Foundation when the consortium scheme proved not viable. Other courses were given permits to operate: Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical), Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Physical Therapy, BS Secretarial Administration, and Machine Shop - a 2-year technical course.
1977 - Permit to operate additional 4-year courses were given: Animal Husbandry, Nutrition and Dietetics, Medical Technology and BS Biology.
1979 - The first 21 medical graduates had a very outstanding performance in the board examinations when all of them passed (100 percent) with Dr. Ma. Lilia Posadas, daughter of the founders.
1980 - The Child Learning Center (CLC) was established with Nursery and Kindergarten classes. Every year from then on, a new grade was added until the first elementary graduates finished in 1986. The center was granted full recognition in 1985.
1982 - Permit to operate two technical courses - Practical Electricity and Refrigeration and Air Conditioning was granted.
1983 - The Computer Education Center was inaugurated by then First Lady, Madame Imelda R. Marcos.
1984 - The VMUF Charity Hospital was constructed and inaugurated in 1984 by Dona Consuelo Salazar-Perez.
Permit was granted to operate the Bachelor's degree in Electronics and Communication Engineering (BSECE).
1985 - The Business Administration course was recognized.
1986 - The Computer Education and Nutrition and Dietetics course were recognized.
1986 - Started construction of the 5-storey VM Centrum and was fittingly inaugurated on February 14, 1987, giving added elegance to the skyline of VMUF Complex. The CENTRUM is dedicated by the founders .... "to all students who have passed and will pass through the portals of the VMUF with fond hopes that they will serve the people in their chosen professions in the spirits of a true Christian."
1987 - Permit to operate the Special Science High School (SSHS) was secured.
The VMUF also administers two other secondary schools - St. Dominic High Schools and the San Luis High School in Barangay Talang. By the year 2000 the VMUF will have completed its development.
1994 - VMEI becomes a University with Dr. Martin Posadas as first President. He was installed on March 12, 1994.
1994 - The following courses Associate in Computer Science, Law, Physical Education and Sports were granted a permit to operate their first year level.
1994 - On July 6, 1994, Dr. Martin Posadas passed away . Dr. Rosalina Q. Posadas became the 2nd President of VMUF.
1996 - The Associate in Computer Science was granted government recognition by the Commission on Higher Education Region I (CHED-ROI).
1996 - On October 19, 1996 Dr. Rosalina Q. Posadas passed away.
1997 - On March 12, 1997, Dr. Ma. Lilia Posadas-Juan was installed as the third President of VMUF.
1997 - The VMUF Internet Center was inaugurated by the university President. It houses 30 workstations capable of accommodating 240 students per day (8 hours a day).
1997 - The Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and the Physical Education and Sports was granted full Government Recognition by the Commission on Higher Education (CHED-Central Office).
Back to Home Page